Life is all about the choices we make, the yeses and the nos. Sometimes they are spontaneous and other times they are calculated. Here are a few of my thoughts about when to say ‘yes’ and when to say ‘no’:
- Say Yes to new opportunities, even the ones that scare us, the ones that sneak upon us, and the ones that ask for risk. Always do that which makes us happy and that which nurtures us. We will never travel the same road twice.
- But say No to situations that make us uncomfortable, vulnerable, unhappy or overstep our boundaries as well as situations that we put ourselves in for the sake of fitting in, for pleasing somebody else or for what we feel we should be doing.
- Say Yes to loving others and helping people as much as possible, whether they be strangers or the people we love on a daily basis, especially those who are worthy of our time and love. Give people chances and see the good in others.
- But say No to the people who take advantage of our kindness, who always ask but never give back and who never appreciate us. Stay civil and be kind, but do not waste your effort on them; channel it to somebody else.
- Say Yes to the advice you give to others: that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to, that you are smart and talented enough, that you are beautiful just the way you are, and that the hurt and pain will not last forever. And everything in between.
- But say No to the unproductive advice others give you, to the hateful criticism that people impose on us, and the restrictions others try to place on us. We are all in control of our own lives and nobody else’s, so let’s not relinquish it.
When do you say yes and no and when would you like to say yes and no? Leave in the comments below!