Around the world in an unprecendented situation, many of us are being asked to stay indoors. Unsurprisingly, this can take its toll on our wellbeing, where we’re not able to see our loved ones and we’re cooped up in our homes. It’s important that we don’t forget to take care of ourselves every day, both mentally and physically. So I encourage you to take some time for yourself throughout this period – no matter how little time you have or small your actions are. To get your started, here are a few ideas!
- Write down your thoughts and feelings down in a journal
- List out everything you’re grateful for
- Watch a comfort film or TV series (mine would be Gilmore Girls, the West Wing or Friends!)
- Video call a family member or friend for a chat
- Read a book that’s been sitting on the shelf
- Light a candle and meditate for even ten minutes
- Do some exercise or stretching
- Put some extra effort into your morning coffee
- Treat yourself to a warm bubble bath
- Try out a new cooking or baking recipe
Have some more? Leave them in the comments!