Strive for progress over perfection. Seek to be better than you were yesterday. Appreciate the journey, and not only the destination. Celebrate your triumphs, no matter how small. Focus on the building blocks, not the stumbling blocks. Remember your best is enough. With it, you’ll achieve great things.
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why ~ Mark Twain
Quote of the day.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars, to change the world ~ Harriet Tubman
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. ~ Earl Nightingale
Quote of the day.
Whilst a new year is a wonderful way to mark a new beginning, it can be easy to forget that our future starts in every present moment. As we move forward with our dreams and goals, we should hold onto that. If you find yourself driven off course, turn the steering wheel and push the accelerator. If you find yourself falling backwards, pick yourself up. Our obstacles and mistakes shouldn’t mean we give up. In the end, we’re only on one journey: our life. Don’t waste time waiting for the next best time to start again, and don’t waste time doubting yourself. Because time isn’t stopping. Keep going. Our future is in our own hands right now. Don’t waste the time you have left.
Our biggest blessing is that we are the ones in control of our fate. We make the choices. Our biggest misfortune is that we are the ones in control of our fate. We cannot wait around for great things to happen. We should not wait around for permission to make great things happen. We should not shy away from making great things happen because other things we tried never materialised. Only we can make great things happen. We have to choose to make great things happen and to let great things happen. Because greatness lies within us, not outside in the world. We have to be persistent, forgiving, loyal, flexible, and visionary. We are in control of who we are and what we do. And that’s how we’ll make it count, the only way how we’ll make things happen.
Five questions we should ask ourselves everyday
- What do I want to accomplish today? (Did I accomplish what I wanted to?) – Starting each day with intention, however small, sparks our desire to have a good day. Everything worth having will require work, so taking a few steps everyday towards our dreams or goals will make all the difference.
- What would make today great? (What made today great?) – Starting each day with a positive mind injects positivity into everything we touch, whether that be other people or what we do. Consciously thinking about what would make us happy pushes us to find those things that make us happy. At the end of the day, we might find something completely unexpected made our day great. And that’s because a positive mind invites good vibes, which invites good things.
- What am I grateful for today? – Starting each day with a full heart reminds us of how lucky we are, especially during times when we feel like everything is against us. Gratitude brings perspective to what really matters.
- Have I expressed my love to my family and friends? – It’s simple: a day shouldn’t go by without expressing our love to our loved ones. Even just a phone call or an ‘I love you’ will suffice. Too often, we take love for granted. But really, it’s the only thing that counts.
- What would make tomorrow better? (What did I learn today?) – We’re not perfect, and that’s ok. Sometimes we make mistakes. Whether we had a great day or a bad day, there’s always something we can take with us from today in our efforts to be better tomorrow.