Five questions we should ask ourselves everyday
- What do I want to accomplish today? (Did I accomplish what I wanted to?) – Starting each day with intention, however small, sparks our desire to have a good day. Everything worth having will require work, so taking a few steps everyday towards our dreams or goals will make all the difference.
- What would make today great? (What made today great?) – Starting each day with a positive mind injects positivity into everything we touch, whether that be other people or what we do. Consciously thinking about what would make us happy pushes us to find those things that make us happy. At the end of the day, we might find something completely unexpected made our day great. And that’s because a positive mind invites good vibes, which invites good things.
- What am I grateful for today? – Starting each day with a full heart reminds us of how lucky we are, especially during times when we feel like everything is against us. Gratitude brings perspective to what really matters.
- Have I expressed my love to my family and friends? – It’s simple: a day shouldn’t go by without expressing our love to our loved ones. Even just a phone call or an ‘I love you’ will suffice. Too often, we take love for granted. But really, it’s the only thing that counts.
- What would make tomorrow better? (What did I learn today?) – We’re not perfect, and that’s ok. Sometimes we make mistakes. Whether we had a great day or a bad day, there’s always something we can take with us from today in our efforts to be better tomorrow.